£40k - 45k per year + 25 days holiday
over 1 year ago
Are you a strong people manager who can oversee and turnaround a contract that needs a bit of TLC? Have you got experience of managing Engineers and PPM schedules? Looking for a foot in the door to a company where you can make an impact and carve out a long term career path? We have an opportunity for a Site manager on a fixed term contract basis for 4 months, for a static site in Woking.
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (Pro rata)
- Although this is a temporary contract, you will benefit from the same company perks that permanent employees get; which includes 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
- A foot in the door with a company who have excellent opportunities for progression – once you’re in you will have the opportunity to apply for other roles internally, which includes promotions that you will be in prime position to be considered for
You’ll be based in the office 5 days a week, working alongside another Engineering Manager and your role will involve sorting the rota for a team of engineers, creating and analyzing reports, liaising with external contractors & raising POs. The site is a very short walk from the local train station, so this role does not require you to drive, meaning less struggling to find/paying for parking and petrol! You’ll be working with the company through a time of transition, so you’ll be key in seeing the team through this change. Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30 – 4pm.
- You will have a strong back ground in M&E Engineering, either as a contracts manager/ accounts manager or similar, within a maintenance capacity
- You will have a mechanical and electrical maintenance background and personal experience of working on the tools
- Be based within easy commuting distance of Woking
- You’ll be string on the administrative side of contracts management – you might be in the office 5 days a week – if you really want to get on the tools you can keep a hand in, but it is by no means an essential requirement
- A strong people manager who is accountable for their own actions – you’ll take ownership for a site which needs to be provided with some consistency
- The role will be for 4 months initially during the period of transition so you must be available untilat least November 2019 – there is potential for you to apply for other jobs within and stay on a permanent basis though
- You must be available within a weeks’ notice
This is an immediate requirement – interviews will involve meeting with the General Manager who will discuss you career achievements and show you around the site. We can book interviews as quickly as a days’ notice, so if you are looking for an excellent opportunity in a role which will add some great experience to your CV, then apply today to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk for immediate consideration.