£24 - 25 per hour + overtime and expenses
about 1 year ago
Temp to perm
If you are an experienced social housing joiner with experience as a supervisor managing a team of joiners and want to join a company on a brand new contract in the London area then this is the job for you! We are currently working with an outstanding Maintenance Company who are looking to find the best supervisor to join their award winning team for a brand new temp to perm contract starting ASAP
If you want to join a company that is not only recognised for the exceptional work they do but also the support and opportunities for progression they provide their employees with this is worth a read:
This is a company I have been working with for just over a year now and they are a fantastic company to work with! The management team are very friendly and approachable who are often on site getting stuck in themselves! Due to their fantastic reputation up North they have recently been awarded the contracts for some very well know social housing providers in the South.
What’s on offer?
- Attractive working hours of Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Working for a company that can offer progression and development
- Local work with all your jobs pre planned so you know exactly where you are going to be.
- You do need your own van to begin with but you can claim back your mileage
Who are you?
You will be a qualified joiner with supervisor experience who has also worked within social housing, specifically on refurb and maintenance works relating to fire doors and willing and capable of carrying out other repairs such as tiling or basic plastering. This is a brand new contract win so customer service and hitting deadlines is essential , you will be responsible for a team of joiners whilst also being on the tools yourself. The company is based up North and the managers travel down to site as often as they can but you will be the sole manager on this contract so it is essential that you are trustworthy and can keep the work running smoothly.
This is a fast paced environment so experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines will hold you in good stead
A good working knowledge of health & safety with a flexible approach to work would fit this role
- Carry out installation of fire doors and associated repairs and maintenance in line with company policies, procedures and legislation
- Carry out plastering , carpentry repairs
- Manage team of joiners on a day to day basis and report to the contracts manager
- Record completed works on the company electronic systems
- Work cohesively with other site trades and internal group companies
- Ensure all installations maintain an efficient use of materials
- Attend meetings, inductions, tool box talks and appropriate training
- Adhere to Health Safety and the Environment processes
- When required take the lead on installation/repair work
- NVQ in carpentry or equivalent
- You must have your own van
- CSCS Card
- Asbestos Awareness
A bit more about the company:
This established Building Services Company has been going strong for 10+ years and is still at the forefront of their game today
They have gained a reputable name for themselves through great customer service and excellent workmanship.
Their continued success and low staff turnover ensures you stability and security
They are now looking for a Multi Trade Joiner who has experience working within KPI targets and budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
If you are interested in working for a successful and professional company and have the skills and experience required then please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org