£21 - 28 per hour
15 days ago
Are you an experienced and qualified electrical maintenance supervisor and fancy working for one of the worlds largest FM providers on a large static site in Canary Wharf? If you have critical site or data centre maintenance experience and you want to work with a fantastic company that will not hesitate to put you through additional training and courses then this definitely is the job for you! Are you self motivated, and reliable, with the drive to push your career to the next level, in a company that will actively support this? This role is starting from next week on a continental shift pattern working 7am - 7pm, paying the hourly rate equivalent of up to 50k and is likely to go temp to perm.
What’s in it for you?
- An hourly rate equivalent of up to 50k and self employed methods of payment available
- Immediate start with temp to perm opportunities
- Working with a team that will genuinely develop your training
- Static site near Canary Wharf - easily commutable and no travel required
- Continental shift pattern
- Day shift patterns
- On-site canteen
As an Electrical Supervisor You’ll be on-site in a prestigious building as part of a maintenance team ,you’ll be looking after a team of 4 that will be doing a mixture of PPMs and reactive maintenance on emergency lighting and fire alarms switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting etc. but also have experience of turning your hand to the likes of AHUs, FCUs, basic plumbing, pumps and generators etc. It is working across 4 floors , 2 of which are critical areas. It would be an advantage if you are CP or AP qualified and accredited.
Duties to include:
- Manage operation of all MEP systems within the Critical Facility/Data Centre in a competent, and confident manner (including MV/LV Electrical isolations/operations). Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensure that Specialist Vendors service visits are completed efficiently, and quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the FM team and Account Manager.
- Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are always maintained.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks. Utilising the Corrigo platform.
- Overseeing contract compliance for other Thomson Reuters sites within the portfolio.
- Attend Weekly Team meetings and Quarterly Team Meetings when scheduled.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as proactive participation through relevant EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCK Drills).
- Completing the weekly reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to FM team and management.
- Actively participate and complete Health and Safety compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular attendance/completion of scheduled Toolbox Talks.
- Accountable for the compliance process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is in place for all critical works.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial/corrective works.
- Take ownership of areas (including all plant rooms) , ensuring they are brought up too and maintained to the required show site standards.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Complete Reactive, Planned & Corrective Work Orders in line with SFG20 and ensure reliability of assets through excellent standards of maintenance delivery.
- Escalation of all ONWH Alarm Notifications in line with agreed escalation procedures for EMEA MEP operations.
- Accurate completion of all Corrigo Work Orders that have been allocated for completion by the CMMS. Including accurate capture of time spent on tasks and clear/concise details of works undertaken. With no errors input onto the system
- Efficient and Effective completion of Corrigo Work Orders that have been allocated, ensuring that Work Orders have been acknowledged and completed within SLA.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Critical Environments such as Banking HQ and Data Centres.
- LV Authorised Person (Role specific requirement)
- Experience in a maintenance environment
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to attain 18th Edition through additional training if 17th Edition held)
- C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.
- Health and Safety Training
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to work for a rewarding and exciting business, then please apply with your CV today, detailing full work history and qualifications, and if you fit the bill I’ll be in touch to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity.