£38k - 40k per year
over 2 years ago
I am recruiting for a day shift supervisor from a mechanical or electrical maintenance background, for a company with various contracts in London, who pride themselves on customer service and their excellent reputation in the FM industry.
This role is working on a site for an Estate Management client, who is based near Green Park. You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 8 – 5 with a flexible approach to working hours as the business requires. You will be responsible for overseeing one other engineer on site. You’ll still be very much on the tools, maintaining all mechanical plant onsite. Tasks include maintenance of cooling towers, pumps, AHUs, replacing bearings, and any another tasks as the client requires.
- You’ll already be in possession of some either electrical or mechanical qualifications ideally with a minimum of level 2 City and Guilds in AC/plumbing/electrical etc. and have experience of buildings maintenance
- You’ll already have some experience of overseeing a small team onsite, whether that be as a lead engineer or a supervisor
- You’ll be personable, proactive and extremely client focussed. If you don’t know the answer to something then you’ll be happy to ask you colleagues or go and find out.
- You’ll be able to meet a 2 hour SLA for callout to Green Park
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of £38-40,000 per annum, based on a static site with excellent public transport links
- An opportunity to boost your earnings with standby payments of £10 per day, on a 1 in 4 callout rota – any callouts you attend will be paid at 1.5x your usual rate, with a minimum of four hours paid from door to door
- 22 days annual leave per year, as well as a company pension for which the contributions rise on a yearly basis
- A supportive team, where management respect engineers and operate an open door policy. Management are approachable and always available for a chat. The team is tight knit and work well together
This role is being actively recruited now, and for the right candidates interviews can be arranged at short notice. You’ll be required to attend an interview with the Management team and take a technical test, and you’re successful with this will meet with the client before accepting the job. If you’ve got the right attitude and are looking for a permanent move with an excellent company, then apply today for a start before Christmas to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk.