£39k - 40k per year
about 2 years ago
How does it sound to be part of a company where your destiny and career is entirely in your own hands? Want to work on an expanding site, in modern surroundings working with a forward thinking and outgoing team? We are working with one of the brightest FM providers at the moment; due to a recent contract win, they are recruiting for a shift engineer on a prominent site in Leavesden.
What’s in it for you?
- A healthy basic of £40k – working on a static site
- The opportunity to shape your own career – current employees who have asked to be trained have never been denied – as long as they can put a case together they get granted it. The company prides itself on keeping their staff well trained and engaged. Current engineers are being put through 18th edition, HVAP and ILM courses.
- Work on a fun, lively site where no two days are the same
- A shift position which will incorporate days and nights
- 20 shifts leave per annum
- Overtime on offer for 1.5x your usual rate
Based on a large office site in Leavesden you’ll be working alongside a team of day shift engineers, as part of a separate, single man day/night shift. Generally you’ll be working with engineers, but due to the nature of the role, at times you’ll be alone, so must be confident. You’ll be doing PPMs and reactive maintenance on both electrical and mechanical plant
- You must have previous experience in building services, and can come from either a mechanical or electrical background
- For electricians you must have Minimum NVQ Level 3 and 17th edition
- Mechanically you must have a relevant NVQ in a mechanical discipline such as plumbing/heating/pipefitting
- A positive demeanour – this is a client facing role and very fast paced. You’ll have a can-do attitude.
- Based within commuting distance to Leavesden
OIf you’ve got the right experience, you’ll be invited to a face to face interview to meet with two of the site managers, and if you’re what they’re looking for they will move very quickly in making an offer. Please forward your CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk with details of full career history and relevant qualifications for immediate consideration!