£30k - 35k per year + van + benefits
about 1 year ago
Are you an experienced Refrigeration Engineer, looking to work for a company that really appreciates your work?
Does working for an award winning family business with excellent contracts across East Anglia interest you?
Thorn Baker are looking to recruit an experienced and qualified Refrigeration Engineer to join a growing, family-run business with a close knit working environment.
This company has been established for over 50 years and is an award winning refrigeration and air conditioning specialist company.
They also have an excellent retention rate for their staff, with many a large proportion having been there over 10 years.
The Refrigeration Engineer will be responsible for carrying out work across commercial / retail refrigeration, air conditioning and chiller plant and equipment. Work will encompass servicing, maintenance, breakdown and repair work on a wide variety of contracts that include food factories, schools, commercial offices, convenience stores, healthcare sites, pubs, bars and clubs amongst others.
The successful candidate will strive to provide first time fixes, represent the company in a positive manner, provide excellent customer service at all times and work within H&S regulations, guidelines and policies.
In return the company offer:
- Salary between £30,000-£33,000
- Van and fuel card
- Standby rota of 1 in 5/6 with £150 standby payments
- Callouts paid at overtime rate
- Overtime available, which is paid at x1.5 or x2 depending on time and day.
- Excellent working environment, allowing engineers to achieve a good work-life balance
- Clear progression routes through the company with a proven track record of promoting from within.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years' post-apprenticeship experience in Refrigeration with a good working knowledge of Air Conditioning as well
- Be F-Gas qualified
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of refrigeration
- Have the ability to fit a variety of components including pumps, valves, motors, compressors, condensers, etc.
- Be able to fault find effectively on A/C equipment and be competent in the use of refrigeration / electrical test equipment
- Have skills and previous experience of brazing and soldering of pipework
Key skills: NVQ in refrigeration and air conditioning, F-Gas (2079), chillers, bottle coolers, under counter fridges, upright fridges, upright freezers, drugs, fridges, display counters, display cabinets, cellar coolers, walk-in cold rooms
This a mobile role covering Norfolk,King's Lynn, Wisbech, Downham Market, Swaffham