£30k - 40k per year + 3% Pension
over 2 years ago
Property Manager –Nottingham
Our client is looking to recruit a new Property Manager due to expansion for its Nottingham Office.
Since its formation in 2003, due to a determination to provide a better service to leaseholders, based on great communication, transparent accounting and high standards of management the company has grown in clients and stature.
They are a leading specialist in management of residential developments. They currently manage over 8000 properties across London, Bracknell, Cambridge and Nottingham. There is not a better time to join this company as a Property Manager and progress with a continuously expanding organisation where the development of their employees is important to them.
The Property Manager is a pivotal position with the company. It is an important step stone to becoming an Estates Manager. You are responsible for co-ordinating all of the resources to manage a portfolio of residential estates delivering outstanding service to all stakeholders. A Property Manager has 3 key roles.
Control the finance of an estate
Implement planned and reactive maintenance programmes
Communicate with key stakeholders
I am looking for an experienced Property Manager who is an all rounder in this business. You will be started with a small portfolio of 10/12 estates that will grow with your experience in the role but you will need to hit the ground running.
What’s in it for you?
A salary of between £30,000 and £40,000
Business Mileage Paid
Pool Car available
Paid development opportunities
As a Property Manager your key responsibilities are;
1. Financial & Management Competency – The ability to understand, analyse and interpret financial information (e.g. budgets) to ensure you are managing your clients’ service charge effectively and prudently against an estate’s current requirements (including legislative obligations) and future needs. Drafting budgets, monitoring expenditure and reporting to Directors
2. Successful implementation: thorough & accountable – A desire and willingness to systematically and diligently do what needs to be done to ensure key milestones are achieved on time & on budget. To manage valuable assets effectively, everything must be in order and our obligations must be fulfilled. It is not just about ticking a list, you need to actively understand and control what needs to be done. Being accountable is about taking personal responsibility to deliver on your promises, reacting quickly when the situation demands and resolving issues to completion.
3. Customer Service Mentality & Strong Communication Skills – We exist because of our customers. A Property Manager is the custodian of our customer relationships. Your challenge is to earn our customers’ trust and confidence through your actions. A key part of this is the timely and accurate provision of information. Your correspondence needs to be first rate and you need to be able to chair large meetings, and if the occasion arises, resolve a dispute diplomatically.
4. Business Maturity – The ability to think and act professionally. You must be able to gather information, interpret it and solve complex problems or make logical decisions which have the Encore Estate Management Ltd greatest positive impact. Once a decision has been made, you will have the ability to develop the plan to enact it and implement accordingly.
What we are looking for
• Degree preferable. A good standard of education is essential.
• IRPM Part 1 will be required as part of the progression to become an Estate Manager. This can be acquired whilst in position but it would be an advantage if you already have this
• Other property qualifications (e.g. RICS) are desirable.
• Relevant business/management experience. While a background in estate management is desirable, your experience could be in a related property or customer management field
• Some experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency
• Some working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects
• Excellent time management, prioritisation, delegation and project management skills
• Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information
• Excellent communication skills – letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information
• Excellent computer skills – knowledge of Qube would be an advantage. Proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging.
• Excellent people skills – an ability to adapt your style as required
• Excellent commercial skills – demonstrate a savviness and awareness of commercial reality
Please apply now to avoid disappointment for this truly exciting role. For further information please contact Andy McCafferty on