£35k - 40k per year + vehicle
about 1 month ago
Are you a multi skilled Fabric Engineer with experience of working in fast-paced client facing roles? We are looking for an experienced Fabric Engineer to work for a leading construction & maintenance group across the East Midlands and East Anglia.
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of £35,000 - £40,000
- Fully expensed company van
- Standby payments of £100 for 1 in 4 weekends call out plus overtime rates if called upon.
- Excellent benefits package
- The opportunity to work for a leading privately owned construction group on some of their highest profile contracts.
You will be working for a privately owned construction & maintenance group covering retail sites across the East Midlands and East Anglia region. You will be working mainly on 2 large profile retail clients who have sites across this region. You will undertake a wide variety of fabric maintenance tasks from joinery, tiling, plastering and brickwork.
Your time will be split between PPM works and reactive maintenance tasks. You will also be required to undertake fabric condition surveys across the estate in your region. This is very much a role where you will be the face of the business for the client, you’ll need to quote the client for any works outside of scope of the usual contract.
This role is working across high profile, fast-paced contracts and as such a large degree of flexibility with regards to working hours is required. You will typically work Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm plus travel time. You will occasionally be required to work night shifts for large scale emergencies or capital projects (but will be given time in lieu).
There is also a call out rota which is currently 1 in 4 weekends (You will receive additional payments for this £100 standby + overtime if called out)
- You should have a background in joinery or building fabric maintenance - with qualifications to match.
- You will have experience of working closely with a client across fabric maintenance contracts.
- You’ll be patient and solution focussed, as well confident communicator who can remain polite and professional in all scenarios.
- This is a fast-paced contract in which you’ll need to react quickly according to the client’s needs – therefore flexibility with regards to working times is required.
- You’ll need a full, clean driving licence.
Experience working on retail contracts for a maintenance or FM service provider would be highly advantageous.
Due to the importance of this role, there will be a 2-stage interview process with the first stage online.
If you’ve got experience as a fabric engineer and are looking to take on an exciting new challenge, then please send your CV to RichardC@thornbaker.co.uk for further consideration and to move your application forwards.