£20 - 25 per hour + overtime and callout
7 months ago
Temp to perm
Building Services Supervisor
Are you a lead engineer looking for a step up into a supervisory role or an experienced building services supervisor looking to work on a static site? Are you mechanically biased, and looking to work for a company who will give you training and development which stands you in good stead to gain long term and consistent internal promotion?
We are looking for a mechanically biased supervisor to work for a family run business, who have excellent staff retention rates, and offer a supportive team environment to work in. You must have previous experience working on a PFI contract such as a hospital , council buildings or any government buildings.
What’s on offer?
- Hourly rate equivalent of upto £45,000
- Immediate start with a temp to perm opportunity
- Static site that is easy to commute to meaning no more driving around London
- Standard hours of Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- The opportunity to work for a company that provide excellent training and development.
- An excellent company with a friendly team environment, who actively promote internal progression, training and development
This is supervising a team of up to 13 engineers working in a hospital on a temp to perm basis. This is a company we have been working with for over 10 years and sucessfully placed over 100 engineers over the years! They are looking for someone with a strong mechanical maintenance background ideally on a PFI contract and a few years experience as a supervisor.
- Carrying out reactive tasks via the help desktop ensuring Service Response Times are met.
- Carrying out Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) in accordance with the agreed Schedule of Programmed Maintenance.
- Provide quotations in accordance with the contract agreement for Small Works and Variation Requests and maintaining records to enable billing.
- Conducting weekly site inspections to ensure good housekeeping standards are met.
- Ensure all Engineers Service Reports, PPM sheets, site log books etc. are completed accurately and returned to Supervisor for filling in electronic and hard copy format.
- Identifying and sourcing of materials and specialist services to aid the ordering through the Procurement Team.
- Assist with Sub-Contractor management and monitoring..
- Being available to participate and organise overtime working, both planned and emergency.
- Ensuring, demonstrate, review and monitor compliance, to meet the expectation and needs of the Client,
- Ensuring the availability of the provision of a 24 hour per day 365 days per year emergency on call service as required.
- Being contactable by telephone for advice by the on-call duty engineer out of hours on a rota basis.
- Be prepared to work overtime where required to support the contract.
- The successful applicant will have already trained in a plumbing/mechanical discipline and will hold relevant City and Guilds/NVQ Qualification
- You’ll already have some lead experience and be able to pro actively manage teams on-site.
- You’ll need to use your own initiative and be left to the job without any need for micro-management
- Hold current CSCS Supervisor card and be able to demonstrate a knowledge of applying Health and Safety training, practically to sites.
If this sounds like your next move then I want to hear from you ASAP. If you’ve got the relevant experience then please forward me your CV, and I will give you a call to discuss the role in more detail with a view to progression to interview stage.