£30k - 36k per year + 25 days holiday, over time, callout
over 1 year ago
Want to work for a company who has stood the test of time and as a result has some of the most prestigious contracts in the city – working in Royal residences? We are recruiting for a Air Conditioning Engineer on a mobile basis, to work in some genuinely exciting site in the city of London and inside the M25.
What’s on offer?
- A basic salary of up to £36,000 per annum
- A standard 40 hour week with overtime on offer above and beyond your core hours which is paid at 1.5x our double your usual rate meaning you can earn as much as you like by taking up the opportunity for overtime when it arises!
- 25 days holiday + bank hols – giving you an extra week off than the standard
- Fully expenses van and fuel card, with parking/ congestion charges managed by accounts so there is no need to dip into your own pocket and be claiming expenses every month!
- Weekly pay - no more scraping by on those long 5 week months!
You will be working on a mobile basis, covering sites within the M25 (largely city and West End), which include offices, high end residential properties and universities. You’ll be responsible for both PPMs and reactive maintenance of mechanical plant including Plant checks, pumps, motors, changing belts and filter replacements but will also be required from time to time perform fabric maintenance tasks as required by clients. A lot of the sites are heritage sites, so you’ll get the opportunity to see some outstanding buildings which aren’t always accessible to the general public.
What are they looking for?
- Strong AC engineers who have worked within the building services industry – you’ll be happy to do basic maintenance tasks outside the realms of your first trade
- You must be a fully qualified Air Conditioning Engineer, ideally holding a relevant apprenticeship or as a minimum an NVQ in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and F-gas too
- You must be flexible and able to participate in a callout rota which is 1 in 6 and pays a standby of £100 per week – if you’re called out you’ll get a minimum of 4 hours pay at the relvevent overtime rates to there is a genuine opportunity to significantly boos your earnings
- You’ll need to do a DBS check which will be paid for by the employer
For the right candidate interviews can be turned around very quickly. Send your CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk and if you’ve got the relevant experience I will get in touch to give you more information with a view to booking in an interview at the head offices in the Strand.