£37k - 40k per year + Van, fuel card, overtime opportunities
over 1 year ago
Is travelling into Central London everyday wearing you down? Have you been told your employer will invest in training and progression, only for dates to be constantly pushed back? Well look no further because we are working exclusively on a great opportunity for an experienced mechanical maintenance engineer, working for a company who will genuinely invest in your career, and have work in North London and Essex, with only limited time spent in the city…
What’s on offer?
- A salary of £37-40k
- Travel time is paid, with you only having to give 30 minutes each way, so on those rare occasions you do get caught in traffic, you know you’ll be getting paid
- Genuine opportunities for training and progression – the company will happily pay for you to train in other areas and promote internally – all the contracts managers there started off on the tools, with more currently being progressed into supervisory positions
- Work in North London and Essex, meaning you can avoid issues with parking/congestion charges/traffic in London
- Monday to Friday, 8-5, stable hours
- Access to various discounts and offers through a company scheme
You’ll be working on a mixture commercial sites, with no domestic work or retail sites. You’ll be doing PPMs and reactive mechanical maintenance within plant rooms and on mechanical plant, with some work on commercial boilers too. Your jobs will be sent to you via a new CAFM system and you'll travel to site to carry them out as you get them. There's going to be little need to fill out timesheets etc, as the new CAFM system will manage all that including your overtime etc. for you!
What will you need?
- Experience working as a mechanical maintenance engineer or commercial gas engineer
- A minimum of NVQ Level 2 in plumbing or a mechanical discipline, ideally with domestic and commercial gas tickets, but if you don’t have gas, this is something the company is happy to put you through – saving you thousands of pounds if this is something you have considered doing yourself
- Experience of mechanical maintenance within commercial settings – you’ll need to know your way around a plant room
- The role will involve some work in schools so you’ll need to do an enhanced DBS check upon starting the role
- Full manual driving license – up to 6 points is fine
- Your own hand tools – all other tools will be supplied
- To be based in around North/East London – Enfield, Walthamstow, Woodford, Waltham Abbey, Chigwell etc are all ideal locations for easy access to sites
What are the next steps?
Interviews are taking place on Friday 5th April, with a telephone interview prior to that date. To secure your slot you’ll need to send your CV with full details of work history and qualification to us, if you’re a good fit we will give you a call to discuss the role further and progress your application to the next stage. Apply by Friday 29th March to make sure you don’t miss out!!