£18 - 22 per hour + 1.75 overtime
9 months ago
Temp to perm
Immediate interview√ Static site √ Fantastic progression and training √ Continental shifts √ Day shifts√
This will be the last role you ever need to apply for! If you are a mechanical maintenance engineer looking for a static site role on a large 7 acre site with 4 separate buildings keeping you busy and challenged then this is the role for you! They are paying the hourly rate equivalent of up to 37k as a basic and with up to an additional £3000 per month OTE what are you waiting for?
If you are still reading this advert then the above points must be important to you and this role provides all of the above plus plenty more! Due to the current lockdown situation the manager is more than happy to conduct interviews via face time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mechanical maintenance engineer that has experience either on a critical or blue chip client site and is confident with reactive repairs and PPMs!
Are you an experienced and qualified mechanical maintenance engineer with an electrical or mechanical bias and fancy working for one of the worlds largest FM providers on a large static estate in East London? If you have critical site or data centre experience and you want to work with a fantastic company that will not hesitate to put you through additional training and courses then this definitely is the job for you! Are you self motivated, and reliable, with the drive to push your career to the next level, in a company that will actively support this? Having been to site and met several of the engineers (6 of which have been placed by us) as well as the managers I can honestly say this is a fantastic , varied site to work on which truly will be the end of your job search - as you will not want or need to leave!
What’s in it for you?
- An hourly rate equivalent of up to 43k with OTE of up to 55k and self employed methods of payment available
- Immediate interview with temp to perm opportunities
- Working in a data centre with a team that will genuinely develop your training
- Plenty of opportunities to attend various courses to obtain further qualifications and tickets
- Static site near Canary Wharf - easily commutable and no travel required
- Continental shift pattern mixture of days and nights with 14 days off per month!
- Day shift patterns Monday - Friday 7am -4pm or 10am - 7pm
- On-site canteen
- Free on-site parking
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer You’ll be on-site in a prestigious building as part of a maintenance team ,you’ll be doing a mixture of PPMs and reactive maintenance on emergency lighting and fire alarms switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting etc. but also have experience of turning your hand to the likes of AHUs, FCUs, basic plumbing, pumps and generators etc. It would be an advantage if you are CP or AP qualified and accredited.
- Conduct PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of OEM assets and associated systems.
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Complete system and equipment operational load/consumption readings
- Undertake on-site operational system testing of UPS, generators and switchgear.
- Undertake al training requirements as directed by your manager.
- Operate and deliver services using a PDA CAFM device.
- Comply with the site rules and requirements.
- Minimise operational and reputational risk
- Co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors
- Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilating Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trade where relevant
What you’ll need:
- City & Guilds within a relevant engineering principle.
- Mechanical & Electrical Apprenticeship – gained within the building maintenance industry
- Health and Safety Training
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Desirable :
- HNC Building Services or equivalent
- Advanced Mechanical experience/knowledge
- Supervisory experience for future development
- L8 Domestic water treatment
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to work for a rewarding and exciting business, then please apply with your CV today, detailing full work history and qualifications, and if you fit the bill I’ll be in touch to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity.