£38k - 42k per year + 25 days holiday, enhanced pension scheme, medical insurance
over 1 year ago
Are you fed up of travelling all over London and looking for a local site in Watford? Have you got experience of managing subcontractors and PPM schedules? If yes, then this might be the role for you! We are looking for a maintenance manager for a large static site in Watford.
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of up to £42k
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A pension which can be matched up to 5%
- Medical insurance
- Annual pay reviews
- Performance related bonuses
- You’ll need previous experience in a similar role – managing contractor staf, as well as compliance and health & safety
- You’ll come from a mechanical background and have experience of being ‘on-the-tools’, specifically with industrial and commercial HVAC plant. A lot of what is onsite is old and complex, so you’ll need a good understanding of this and the ability to react to any issues quickly and effectively. As a result you will need certifications that reflect this i.e. NVQ/City and Guilds in a mechanical discipline
- You’ll need to be proactive, able to work under pressure and capable of prioritising your own workload.
You’ll be based at a large static site in Watford – all in all there are about 50 buildings with various plant including: Gas, Ventilation, Combustion, some AC and electrical too. You’ll also be overseeing general hard services a fabric maintenance. The maintenance is contracted out, so you’ll be managing the engineers who are employed by that contractor and making sure that they are consistently delivering.
If you’ve got the right skills and experience, you will be invited in for a face to face meeting with the facilities manager, and followed by that, a second interview with his boss. Inerviews will be held in Watford at the site, and most likely week commencing 13th May. Please send your CV with full details of your career history to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk to be considered.