£18 - 19 per hour + Overtime & expenses
10 months ago
Temp to perm
Monday 28th November
3 year contract needing experienced carpenters looking to work full time for a company for a temp to perm opportunity , meaning no chasing work and invoices over Christmas! Due to fantastic reputation , values and work ethic they have now branched out from their roots in the North to some of the most established housing companies in the South.
My client are a very well established property services company with the management team starting off as a carpenter themselves and worked their way up , that gives this company a very friendly and down to earth feel. They specialise in property maintenance , carpentry and fire doors within social housing and have recently won several contracts in London , specifically in areas such as Enfield , Edgware , Westminster , Bromley and Harrow of which are for a minimum of 3 years. With these being brand new contracts they are keen to find the best carpenters in the South to join them and grow this contract , and with several opportunities for supervisory roles you would be mad to miss this!
If you are an experienced carpenter living in areas such as Enfield , Edgware , Westminster , Bromley , Romford , Wembley and Harrow, and you want to join a company that is not only recognised for the exceptional work they do but also the support and opportunities for progression they provide their employees with this is worth a read:
What’s on offer?
- Hourly rate of up to £19ph plenty of opportunity for overtime
- Attractive working hours of Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Fantastic opportunity to be their for the birth and development of this exciting contract win
- Local work in areas such as Enfield , Edgware , Westminster , Bromley and Harrow
- Temp to perm after 13 weeks for the right candidate
- Opportunity for progression to supervisor
- Mileage paid for the use of your own van
- Working for a company that can offer progression and development
Who are you?
You will be a qualified carpenter who has experience working within social housing, specifically on repairs fire doors; you will also be willing and capable of carrying out other carpentry repairs such as tiling or basic plastering. You MUST have your own van to begin with until you are taken on permanent.
- Carry out installation of fire doors and associated repairs and maintenance in line with company policies, procedures and legislation
- Record completed works on the company electronic systems
- Work cohesively with other site trades and internal group companies
- Ensure all installations maintain an efficient use of materials
- Attend meetings, inductions, tool box talks and appropriate training
- Adhere to Health Safety and the Environment processes
- When required take the lead on installation/repair work
- NVQ in carpentry or equivalent
- Must have your own van for the first 13 weeks
- CSCS Card
- Asbestos Awareness
If you are interested in working for a successful and professional company and have the skills and experience required then please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com