£19 - 22 per hour
17 days ago
Are you an experienced and qualified electrical maintenance engineer and fancy working for one of the worlds largest FM providers on a large static site in Canary Wharf? If you have critical site or data centre experience and you want to work with a fantastic company that will not hesitate to put you through additional training and courses then this definitely is the job for you! Are you self motivated, and reliable, with the drive to push your career to the next level, in a company that will actively support this? This role is starting from next week on a continental shift pattern working 7am - 7pm, paying the hourly rate equivalent of up to 45k and is likely to go temp to perm.
What’s in it for you?
- An hourly rate equivalent of up to 45k and self employed methods of payment available
- Immediate start with temp to perm opportunities
- Working with a team that will genuinely develop your training
- Static site near Canary Wharf - easily commutable and no travel required
- Continental shift pattern
- Day shift patterns
- On-site canteen
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer You’ll be on-site in a prestigious building as part of a maintenance team ,you’ll be doing a mixture of PPMs and reactive maintenance on emergency lighting and fire alarms switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting etc. but also have experience of turning your hand to the likes of AHUs, FCUs, basic plumbing, pumps and generators etc. It is working across 4 floors , 2 of which are critical areas. It would be an advantage if you are CP or AP qualified and accredited.
- Conduct PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of OEM assets and associated systems.
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Complete system and equipment operational load/consumption readings
- Undertake on-site operational system testing of UPS, generators and switchgear.
- Undertake al training requirements as directed by your manager.
- Operate and deliver services using a PDA CAFM device.
- Comply with the site rules and requirements.
- Minimise operational and reputational risk
- Co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors
- Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilating Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trade where relevant
What you’ll need:
- City & Guilds within a relevant engineering principle.
- Health and Safety Training
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- HNC Building Services or equivalent
- Advanced Mechanical experience/knowledge
- Supervisory experience for future development
- L8 Domestic water treatment
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to work for a rewarding and exciting business, then please apply with your CV today, detailing full work history and qualifications, and if you fit the bill I’ll be in touch to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity.