£32k - 35k per year + Van and Fuel card
about 2 years ago
Are you looking to work in a well established business with contracts which are all household names? After a job that provides variety of work to keep you busy in sites across London? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced maintenance electrician to work with a long standing company working in a niche sector, with stable contracts.
What’s in it for you?
- A healthy basic salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- Travel paid from door to door
- Fully expensed Transit Custom Van, with fuel card and a bank card to pay for all parking/toll charges etc – no more paying out your own pocket and claiming back on expenses
- Basic tools, uniform and mobile phone provided
- Overtime which is paid at DOUBLE time after 8pm and on Sundays, with Saturdays being paid at 1.5x usual rate
- Work within some of the most recognisable Retail brands in the country – you’ll be working in clean and stylish environments
- The opportunity for long term progression – for the right person, this could lead into a Lead/Supervisory position – the company recruiting have always used sub-contractors, but are now focussing on building the Direct workforce, so will eventually need someone to head this up
As a mobile engineer you’ll be doing PPMs and reactive maintenance across retail stores in and around London and the Home Counties. You’ll be working alongside another electrician when doing PPMs, and then sometimes on your own when attending reactive calls. The work will involved ballast changes, bulb changes, sockets, fault finding & control gear, and when you’re not doing electrical work you might be tending to tasks such as hanging doors/fixing door handles, painting, installing over sink water heaters etc.
- As a minimum you’ll need 17th edition, ideally 18th, and if you’ve got a City & Guilds/NVQ in an electrical subject this is also highly desirable
- You MUST come from a maintenance background – ideally working previously for another building services company, and be happy to do tasks outside of your first trade
- Full clean driving license within a ten mile radius of the M25. Ideally North of the River, but we can consider candidates from the South too.
- You’ll be presentable and enthusiastic – this is not the kind of role where you’ll be in a plant room all day, you’ll be in front of the general public so need be a ‘people person’
What happens next?
Interviews are going to be held on either Tuesday 14th or Wednesday 16th May on Basildon. We are short-listing candidates for interview by close of business Friday 10th May so send your CV ASAP to Jacobm@thornbaker.co.uk to get your slot booked ASAP!