£21 per hour
almost 3 years ago
Facilities & Administration Manager – TEMPORARY ON-GOING
I am recruiting for a large secondary school and sixth form in the West Midlands. This exciting Facilities & Administration Manager would be suitable for a Facilities Manager that enjoys a very busy environment where no 2 days will be the same. Please do not under estimate the importance of the learning environment on young person’s education. You will make a difference!
It is a school so a current enhanced DBS would be desirable but if you do not have a DBS do not worry we will arrange this for the right candidate
This is a multi faceted role that demands a great attention to detail. As a Facilities & Administration Manager you will work closely with the School Business Manager
Your main responsibility will be:
- To support the School Business Manager with the School’s operations & health and safety, to ensure compliance with all legal requirements in relation to health, safety, and the environment.
- To ensure the efficient and effective running of the administration office and reception area.
- Responsible for the procurement, selection, management, maintenance, repair and safe keeping of all resources, including regular audits.
- Day to day responsibility for the CCTV system, ensuring the use of the system complies with School policy and that regular audits are undertaken to ensure the system is available at all times to users.
- Day to day responsibility for the School’s use of the cashless catering system.
- Support the production of documentation required for the Site & Finance Committee.
- Ensure the smooth running of all School events, co-ordination of operational needs with the lead person responsible for each event, such as CPD days, open evenings, concerts and performances, parent’s evenings.
Health and Safety:
- Day-to-day responsibility for all health and safety matters, including maintaining and developing systems, policies, procedures and working practices; including the measures to be taken in the event of incidents, emergencies, accidents and first aid arrangements.
- Ensure emergency procedures are current; plan, instigate and maintain records of fire evacuations, fire warden training and lockdowns.
- Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and reviewed as required.
- Ensure the effective and efficient running of the budgets as delegated by the School Business Manager.
- Undertake budget monitoring activities and ensure significant variances are investigated and corrective action identified and reported to the School Business Manager.
- And overseeing the work of the Receptionist and Administration Assistants and in the post holders’ absence provides cover for these roles.
- The day to day supervision of the work, ensuring responsibilities are delivered as required; performance management and; recruitment and selection activities for the post.
- To ensure efficient and effective running of the general office as one of the School’s main points of public contact.
- To oversee the reprographics function, ensuring all documentation is prepared timely and completed to a high professional standard
What is in it for you?
This is a 36.5 hour working week TEMPORARY assignment
You will be paid £21 per hour.
On site parking
Immediate start for the right person so please apply as soon as possible to start working in a truly unique and hugely rewarding environment in which you will be making a massive impact on a young persons education.