£27k - 28k per year + Life assurance, excellent pension, annual bonus
5 months ago
Are you an experienced maintenance engineer with supervisory and health & safety experience to work for an exciting company where you can develop your skills further and be part of a valued team? If so we have a great opportunity which can offer an immediate interview & start.
What’s in it for you
- A healthy basic salary of up to £28k
- Static site position with on-site parking
- Stable Monday - Friday working hours
- Attractive pension scheme with employer contributions up to 9%
- Life assurance which pays 4x your annual salary
- Holiday allowance which increases annually with service!
- Employee recognition scheme with a potential bonus of £1000 as well as long service rewards
- Your birthday off as an additional holiday!
The role is working for well-established non-profit organisation whose main purpose it to provide emotional and financial support for retired people. They provide stable retirement facilities for individuals who have come from a retail or related industry and have exclusive estates across the country set in peaceful locations.
This is a permanent fabric engineer position working on a static site in the Mill Hill area of North London. This is working under the direction of the Maintenance and Compliance Manager and Estate Manager, ensuring that excellent standards of maintenance, repairs, compliance and property management are maintained at all times
- You will be responsible for undertaking PPMs and reactive maintenance as well as health and safety checks in accordance to SLAs – largely the work will involve groundworks, basic joinery tasks, brick work, painting, plastering and basic plumbing.
- You will need to liaise with the Maintenance and Compliance manager with regards to ordering parts, project timescales, maintenance and compliance issues
- You will be managing contractors on site and maintaining the appropriate records
Hours are 8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday, with a 4 o’clock finish on Friday’s.
- You will be able to work well under pressure as most of your jobs will be reactive works
- You will have experience dealing with and managing contractors
- You will have experience dealing with compliance and health & safety issues.
- You’ll be customer focussed, and happy to go the extra mile for customers when required
- Easily able to access Mill Hill in North London – ideally with own transport
- Ideally you will have relevant NVQ or City & Guilds in building fabric trades or Carpentry, however this is not essential
This is an immediate start with interviews scheduled for the coming weeks in Mill Hill, North London. If this position is on of interest, please apply with your CV detailing full career history to Jacobm@thornbaker.co.uk.