£28k - 30k per year + Van, fule card, mobile phone etc.
about 2 years ago
Is the headache of trying to park your van in central London every day grinding you down? Do you still enjoy the variety of working in different buildings, and dread the though of working on a static site? This could be the job for you. We have a brilliant new opportunity for a mobile fabric engineer with work largely in the South of London, only requiring you in the city one per week. You’ll be working for a company who have seen huge growth in the past 24 months, and are continually gaining new contracts.
What’s on offer?
- An excellent and above average salary of upto £30k
- Low need for callout – whilst you’ll be placed on the rota it is only 1 in 10, so only 5 weeks all year!
- Regular hours of 8-5 – when you’re travelling to sites further afield you’ll be able to leave by 1-2pm to make sure you’re not stuck in traffic!
- Van, fuel card and mobile phone all supplied by your employer, with some personal use permitted on the van for when you need to nip to shops etc.
- For someone who wants to progress into other areas they can potentially put you through courses to increase your skillset – this could mean F-Gas etc.
2 days a week you’ll be on site in Beckenham, once a week in St Paul’s, with a monthly visit to Reading and Swindon although you’ll be able to travel during working hours, so that you won’t be home any later than usual. Your role will involve PPMs which include tap flushing, tap temperature checks and emergency light tests, and you’ll also need to do repairs door closers, unblocking sinks, replacing door locks etc. This is a new role that has been created to help support a new contract which is working in commercial buildings, largely offices.
- Previous experience in a maintenance position and you’ll need to have done some basic plumbing and PPMs
- A friendly disposition – you’ll be working the the same client on the whole so you must have the ability to build a strong rapport with your clients
- A full clean driving license (no more than 3 points)
- Ideally you’ll live in South East London (ideally Dulwich, Beckenham, Streatham, Peckham etc.) as the majority of the work is based there, but if you’re further afield it won’t necessarly rule you out!
Interviews are being held within the next week, and in terms of location the contracts manager is happy to come and meet you locally. If you have all the skills required and this sounds like your next role, then apply today with your full CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk, and if you’ve got the right experience, I will give you a call to discuss interview dates and locations.