£50k - 55k per year + excellent pension, 25 days holiday, free gym membership
over 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading and well known, prestigious education establishment.
You’ll be working direct for our client on their large static site in North London. The site consists of academic buildings, a sports centre, offices and a small residential portfolio. It’s a long standing organisation which has been running for over 400 years and the site is constantly evolving with new buildings and refurbishments.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing the reactive maintenance service which is carried out by a small in house team of tradesmen, supported where necessary by external contractors. In addition to you will have responsibility for ensuring the estate is fully statutorily compliant delivering cyclical testing and maintenance on key assets (fixed wire, fire safety systems, water hygiene etc.). As well as this you will oversee health and safety, procurement, energy management and the delivery of small scale refurbishments and office moves as well having line management responsibility for the Estates Administrator and liaising with the internal professional team of Surveyors and Project Managers. There are currently plans to implement a CAFM system so you’ll be involved in the design, procurement, delivery and launch of this programme. The role will be Monday – Friday 8-5 with an hour’s lunch – at times some flexibility is required to work out of hours and on weekends/ bank holidays.
- You will need proven experience of working in a similar position – ideally employed by the end user and working on a large static site and managing maintenance staff & external contractors
- You’ll be an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholder of all levels, both internally and externally
- Experience of working with and ideally implementing CAFM systems
- Relevant Facilities Management qualification such as BIFM/ CIOB etc.
- You will be required to undergo a DBS check before commencement of employment
What’s in it for you?
- A salary of £50,000 – 55,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and enhance pension package in which your contributions will be matched up to 6%.
- Free lunches on-site, as well as free gym entry and subsidised classes
- Season Ticket Loan, childcare Vouchers and cycle to work scheme all on offer
- A meaty role with the chance to enhance your CV with various projects in a supportive and cohesive environment
We are engaged by our client on an exclusive basis to appoint their next Estates & Facilities Manager. You will be required to meet with myself in London before progressing you to interview stage with the client. Please send your CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk detailing a full career history and any relevant experience, and I will get in touch to book in a meeting with you.