£33k - 35k per year + 25 days holiday
about 2 years ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop in one of the quickest growing organisations in the facilities management sector? Are you looking for a company that actively invests in their employee’s careers, and will allow you to progress internally? I am looking for an electrically biased Building Services Engineer to work on a static site in Hammersmith, which is being recruited for as a result of internal promotion.
You’ll be working on a static site based near Hammersmith tube station where you’ll be responsible for maintenance of electrical and some mechanical plant. This is on a Monday – Friday, 8 – 5 shift and you’ll be involved in a callout rota for which you’ll be on standby 1 week out of 2. You’ll report into the Lead Engineer, who was previously doing this job until he was promoted.
- City and Guilds Level 3 in an electrical Installations
- 17th edition
- Ideally you will have HV – this is not essential, however you must be at a level where you could take the examination which would be paid for by the company
- Experience of working on static sites
- Critical site experience is highly desirable
- A strong work ethic with the desire to succeed
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of circa £35,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays and your birthday off too!
- Excellent company who are growing quickly and offer genuine opportunities for progression – realistically within a year from engineer to contract manager (this has happened to one of the current contracts managers!)
- A company who invest in their engineers – all electrically biased engineers within the company currently are booked to do 18th edition
- Opportunity to earn extra cash with overtime and callout - £100 per week standby, and overtime paid at 1.5x/2x your usual rate
This role is being actively recruited for so interviews can be turned around quickly. If this sounds like your next career move, please send your CV ASAP to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk for immediate consideration.