£36k - 38k per year + 25 days holiday, overtime, callout
over 2 years ago
Looking for an opportunity to develop in one of the quickest growing organisations in the facilities management sector? Are you looking for a company that actively invests in their employee’s careers, and will allow you to progress internally? I am looking for an electrically biased Building Services Engineer to work on a newly won, extremely prestigious contract in Central London.
You’ll be working on a static site based just off Regents street where you’ll be responsible for maintenance of electrical and some mechanical plant. This is on a Monday – Friday, 8 – 5 shift and you’ll be involved in a callout rota for which you’ll be on standby 1 week out of 6. There are two other sites which require attending for half a day each week, on being based in Richmond and the other near Liverpool street, and your travel to these will be paid.
- City and Guilds Level 3 in an electrical Installations
- 17th edition
- Ideally you will have HV – this is not essential, however you must be at a level where you could take the examination which would be paid for by the company
- Experience of working on static sites
- Critical site experience is highly desirable
- A strong work ethic with the desire to succeed
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of circa £38,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays and your birthday off too!
- Excellent company who are growing quickly and offer genuine opportunities for progression – realistically within a year from engineer to contract manager (this has happened to one of the current contracts managers!)
- A company who invest in their engineers – all electrically biased engineers within the company currently are booked to do 18th edition
- Opportunity to earn extra cash with overtime and callout - £75 per week standby, and overtime paid at 1.5x/2x your usual rate
This is an urgent requirement. The contract is going live on 18th June and ideally need an engineer in for that date, so interviews will be turned around at very short notice. If this sounds like your next career move, please send your CV ASAP to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk for immediate consideration.