£30k - 35k per year + Van, fuel card, door to door travel paid
over 1 year ago
Is the headache of trying to park your van in central London every day grinding you down? Do you still enjoy the variety of working in different buildings, and dread the thought of working on a static site? This could be the job for you. We have a brilliant new opportunity for a mobile Electrical Maintenance engineer with work largely in Buckinghamshire and the M40 corridor. You’ll be working for a company who have seen huge growth in the past 24 months, and are continually gaining new contracts.
What’s on offer?
- An excellent salary of £30-35k with travel paid door to door
- Callout rota which is on a 1 in 5 basis, for which you will receive £130 per week – adding nearly an extra 1.5k to your basic annually
- Regular hours of 8-5 – and on top of this the opportunity to earn extra in overtime which is paid at 1.5x after 5 on a weekday and up to 12pm, on a Saturday, with Saturday afternoon and Sunday being paid at double time
- Van, fuel card and mobile phone all supplied by your employer, with personal usage being permitted on the van.
- For someone who wants to progress into other areas they can potentially put you through courses to increase your skillset – this could mean F-Gas etc. The past two engineers in this role have themselves gone on to progress internally which goes to show the commitment the company gives back to their engineers.
2 days a week you’ll on static sites – the first one on Aylesbury, second on in St Albans, and the other 3 days per week you’ll travel between various sites along the M40 corridor, from London to Birmingham. Your role will involve the usual PPMs which such as emergency light tests, but the majority of the work will be the more exciting and technical reactive maintenance so you’ll be kept busy and on your toes. This is a new role that has been created as a result of the previous engineers gaining promotion into management positions.
- You’ll be a fully qualified electrician – Level 3 NVQ in Electrical installations, 17th or 18th edition and demonstrable experience of working within the maintenance sector
- Previous experience in a maintenance position and you’ll need to have done some basic plumbing and PPMs on FCUs and AHUs
- A friendly disposition – you’ll be working with some commercial client who have high expectations of the engineer who come to site
- A full clean driving license (no more than 3 points)
- Ideally you’ll live in North West London (Suitable locations include Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Borehamwood, Edgeware, Kings Langley etc.) as you’ll be in an ideal location to go to the static sites and into London.
Interviews are being held on 23rd, 29th, 30th of October, and in terms of location the contracts manager is happy to come and meet you locally. If you have all the skills required and this sounds like your next role, then apply today with your full CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk, and if you’ve got the right experience, I will give you a call to discuss interview dates and locations.