£35k - 37k per year
over 1 year ago
We are recruiting for an innovative Facilities Management company, who are fast making a name for themselves as the employer of choice within the industry. With highly visible and ground-breaking marketing campaigns, genuine dedication to employee welfare/ equality, and the advantage of working with some of the most exciting client buildings in the country. Having visited a selection of their current client’s buildings we were blown away by the positive and dynamic culture that their employees are privileged to work in – we know that anybody who is employ4ed by this company will have an unforgettable and progressive career in front of them.
What’s on offer?
- An excellent basic salary of £35-37k
- Loads of overtime on offer – you can do this at other sites that the business have , it’s entirely up to you how much or little you do
- Working on a purpose built site for a highly regarded client – this is ideal for someone with easy access to the DLR or Jubilee lines
- An enviable career ahead of you – this is a company that actively promotes employees internally and are happy to give you the tools and training required to be able to do so
Based on a brand new site in Canning Town you will be required to carry out planned and reactive maintenance; AHU, FCU, plant room and ducting maintenance, emergency light testing, fire alarm testing, ballast changes and general electrical and mechanical snagging. You will be working Monday to Friday 8 – 5 with 30 minutes for lunch on a daily basis. You will NOT be required to participate in a callout rota.
What do you need?
- You must be fully electrically qualified – with a minimum of 17th/18th edition, and level 3 Electrical installation
- Experience within a building services position – you must have experience if mechanical maintenance
- Knowledge and experience with water treatment/ hygiene management such as Legionella testing
- You will be accountable for your own workload and the site – any issues you have, you will be required to take ownership for through to resolution
- This is a client facing role with a highly prestigious and newly won contract – you will always strive to put your client first; consistently providing first rate service to your clients must be second nature to you
This is a rare opportunity to work for a fantastic company who have an excellent ethos and genuinely live and breathe their values. Interviews are being held within the coming week with a view to the successful candidate starting on or before 5th August. If it sounds like the kind of company you could see yourself growing within, please send your CV to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk for immediate consideration.