£39k per year + 1.75 overtime
11 months ago
Temp to perm
I am currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Authorised Person (AP) to work for one of the worlds largest FM providers on a large static estate in East London. If you have critical site or data centre experience and you want to work with a fantastic company that will not hesitate to put you through additional training and courses then this definitely is the job for you! Are you self motivated, and reliable, with the drive to push your career to the next level, in a company that will actively support this?
I’m looking for a Mechanical Authorised Person AP to work for a genuinely fantastic company who are one step ahead of the competition when it comes to taking care of employees. This is working continental shifts on a critical site so previous critical or data centre experience is essential! The interview process can take upto 2 and a half hours and you can expect a technical test as well as a site walk round and interview but the good thing about this is that you can expect a decision instantly with a quick turnaround!
What’s in it for you?
- An hourly rate equivalent of up to 42k with OTE of upto 55k and self employed methods of payment available
- Immediate start with temp to perm opportunities
- Working in a data centre with a team that will genuinely develop your training
- Plenty of opportunities to attend various courses to obtain further qualifications and tickets
- Static site near Canary Wharf - easily commutable and no travel required
- Continental shift pattern
- Day shift patterns
- On-site canteen
- Free on-site parking
As a Mechanical Authorised Person (AP) You’ll be on-site in a prestigious building as part of a maintenance team ,you’ll be doing a mixture of PPMs and reactive maintenance on emergency lighting and fire alarms switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting etc. but also have experience of turning your hand to the likes of AHUs, FCUs, basic plumbing, pumps and generators etc. You will be a shift engineer and be HV or AP qualified and accredited.
- Conduct PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of OEM assets and associated systems.
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Complete system and equipment operational load/consumption readings
- Undertake on-site operational system testing of UPS, generators and switchgear.
- Undertake al training requirements as directed by your manager.
- Operate and deliver services using a PDA CAFM device.
- Comply with the site rules and requirements.
- Minimise operational and reputational risk
- Co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors
- Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilating Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trade where relevant.
- Attend monthly site meetings as required.
- Provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- Pro actively work towards the growth of the contract.
- Produce HV and LV switching schedules as may be required to maintain safe system operations.
- Apply and remove HV & LV electrical safety isolations in compliance with safety procedures
- Attend each shift to enable the prior shift to be relieved on time.
- Provide time-sheets, holiday requests and overtime records promptly to the BOS on a shift by shift basis.
- Complete plant room audits and reports in an understandable written form
- Provide material requisition requests promptly to provide minimum asset down-time
- Undertake set CAFM PPM, Reactive and Comprehensive tasks to meet monthly set contract targets.
What you’ll need:
- City & Guilds within a relevant engineering principle.
- Authorised Person Mechanical and Pressure systems (APMPS)
- Mechanical & Electrical Apprenticeship – gained within the building maintenance industry
- Health and Safety Training
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Desirable :
- HNC Building Services or equivalent
- Advanced Mechanical experience/knowledge
- Supervisory experience for future development
- L8 Domestic water treatment
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to work for a rewarding and exciting business, then please apply with your CV today, detailing full work history and qualifications, and if you fit the bill I’ll be in touch to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity.