£38k - 43k per year
about 1 year ago
Are you a Commercial Gas Engineer with big ambitions, looking to work for a company who reflect those very values? Are you customer focussed, and accurate in your work, and looking to develop yourself within a company that values its employees rather than seeing them as a payroll number?
I am looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer, to join a growing company in the South West. The company themselves have great values, and pride themselves on putting the customer first – providing a bespoke service that looks after all their clients, big or small, to the same high standards: this is mirrored in the treatment of their staff – everyone matters and you’ll be rewarded for hard work, by extra training and promotion. You’ll no longer be a number on a payroll, but a valuable member of a well organised team, where what you do really matters, and you’ll gain recognition for this.
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum – but that’s not it!
- You’ll benefit from overtime at 1.5x/2x your usual rate, and there is plenty of this on offer, ultimately meaning you can significantly increase your earnings.
- Fully expensed Van (Volkswagen Caddy), with the option to use it for personal use on the weekends, with the first 100 miles being paid and only 15p per mile after this!
- 25 days holiday – a whole week extra than the UK standard, so more time to spend your hard earned bonuses.
You’ll be required to perform reactive maintenance and PPMs, as well as quoting clients for work, performing these quotes there and then on the spot if suitable. The role has come around as a result of expansion the work is coming in thick and fast and as a result they need more engineers so they can maintain their values in putting the client first. You’ll be covering a patch which is predominantly inside the M25, but sometimes requires travel slightly further afield – this will be taken into account with start times/ finish times, and general common sense will be applied to where you’re sent.
- You’ll have a full complement of Gas Tickets including CCN1, COCN1/CODNCO1, CORT1, CIGA1, ICPN1, TPCP1 and CPA1 which are valid for at least the next 12 months, as well as being an experienced and confident, mechanically minded engineer
- Ideally you’ll also have BNP1, and TCP1, but this isn’t essential and the company can pay for this to be trained on this once you’ve successfully passed your probationary period
- You’ll be the type of person who understands how your own input has an impact on the larger business, both financially and on the businesses reputation. As a result you’ll understand the importance of first fix first time where this is viable.
- You’ll be regularly liaising with office staff who aren’t necessarily technically minded, so you’ll be able to translate technical speak into layman’s terms, and make sure needs are communicated effectively first time.
This is an urgent requirement and the position is vacant now, so the company can accommodate a good engineer within literally a couple of weeks. They can turn around interviews within a couple of days. If you’re the kind of person that can take the role and run with it, then I want to hear from you! Please send your CV, with details of your Gas Tickets and full career history, and if you fit the bill I’ll call you to explain the role in more detail, and submit you for telephone interview.