£35k - 40k per year
almost 2 years ago
Are you a Commercial Gas Engineer, with domestic tickets as well, looking to work for a rising star in the FM industry, in a rewarding position? Are you looking for career move in which you can make a big impact on an exciting and varied contract? Then I want to hear from you!
I am looking for a Commercial gas engineer for a mobile role, covering sites within Croydon and the surrounding areas. You’ll be working in a variety of commercial buildings which have public footfall as well as from time to time some domestic sites, so the role is very varied and as a result needs someone adaptable and driven in order to be able to keep up.
This is a new position that has been created to cope with the workload coming in. You’ll split your time between both PPMs and reactive maintenance in both commercial and domestic premises. Most of the work is in the Croydon area, so ideally you will be located here, but due to the nature of the contract you must be flexible as from time to time you’ll be required to go further afield when on call-out for instance.
What you’ll need
- You’ll need a full complement of gas tickets, You’ll have a full complement of Commercial and Domestic Gas Tickets such as CCN1, COCN1/ CODNCO1, CIGA1, CORT1 etc.. which are valid for at least the next 12 months, as well as being an experienced and confident, mechanically minded engineer. COMCAT would be helpful, but is not essential. You’ll also need your own hand tools.
- Experience in a similar role, and ideally working for an FM provider so you already understand the importance of the SLA agreements in place for the contract
- A full clean UK driving license – this is a mobile role so cannot be considered without
- A positive attitude and the desire to succeed.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work for a fast becoming big player in the FM industry – they’re winning and retaining lots of contracts. Recently lots of new staff have been taken on and are genuinely enjoying working for a company who offer internal progression and stability in contracts.
- A excellent starting salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, plus overtime which is paid at time and a half for the first four hours and double time after this.
- A company van, which will most likely be a Transit, with tools and PPE Provided
- A very generous 23 days holiday, healthcare entitlement after a length of service and contributory pension
This is a brand new job, which has been created as a result of more and more work coming in, and as a result the company need someone in post as soon as possible. Interview will likely be one stage, and can be turned around quickly, so if you’re looking for an exciting career move, then apply today to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk, and you could be starting your next role as early as next month!