£33k - 37k per year + Door to door travel, plenty of overtime, van, fuel card
about 2 years ago
One of our key clients is looking to take on a Commercial Gas Engineer, to cover sites Berkshire,Surrey and Hampshire. They are a supportive company, in which you can hone and develop your skills and gain knowledge in new areas, that are looking to add an engineer to their team, with a flexible attitude and experience within the FM industry.
Supported by the larger group who have approximately 3000 members of staff, this growing arm of the business has made several acquisitions recently and as a result have grown from a £3.5million turnover to £32 million turnover in the short space of two years. This is a very exciting time to be coming on board as they continue to grow. As an employer they are keen to skill up their engineers in new areas by offering further training and genuine opportunities for internal promotion for those who put the work in.
You’ll be an experienced Gas Engineer, ideally with experience in another trade such as Air Conditioning or Electrical. Working hours are 8 – 5, with overtime being paid at 1.5x/2x the usual rate before and after these times, and travel being paid door to door. The sites will include a mixture of retail and commercial sites, across the South of the UK.
What you’ll need
- A full complement of Commercial Gas Tickets i.e. COCN1/CODNCO1, CORT1, CIGA1, TCPC1 etc.
- A positive demeanour, and customer focussed – this is the most important thing… Our client pride themselves on offering exception levels of customer service, and as the face of the business you’ll live and breathe this which will be reflected in your work and communication with clients
- A full clean driving license and the ability to travel
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of circa £35,000 per annum – potentially more for an excellent candidate
- Door to door travel paid
- Overtime which is paid at 1.5x/2x your usual rate on any work you do before 8am and after 5pm
- Part of a callout rota which is 1 week in every 8 and you’ll be paid £130 standby payments
- Company van (VW Caddy)and fuel card, which you can use for personal use
- Death in Service
The interviews will be a 1 stage process where you will meet with the Service Manager and you’ll be assessed on your technical competence and attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who takes pride in their work – please apply today to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail and get you booked in for interview ASAP.