£35k - 38k per year + LOADS of Overtime, travel paid, van, fuel card
over 1 year ago
Are you an Air conditioning Engineer, looking to work for a rising star in the FM industry, in a rewarding position? Are you looking for career move in which you can make a big impact on an exciting and varied contract? Then I want to hear from you!
I am looking for an AC Engineer for a mobile role, covering sites mostly within the M25. You’ll be working in a variety of commercial buildings which have public footfall, so the role is very varied and as a result needs someone adaptable and driven in order to be able to keep up.
What’s in it for you?
- An excellent starting salary of £30,000 - £38,000 per annum, plus overtime which is paid at time and a half for the first four hours and double time after this.
- Travel is paid after the first and last half an hour and once you’re over 8 hours per day the overtime rates kick on so there is a genuine opportunity to earn lots of extra money in this role.
- A company van, which will most likely be a Transit, with tools and PPE Provided
- A very generous 23 days holiday, healthcare entitlement after a length of service and contributory pension
- An opportunity to work for a big player in the FM industry – they’re winning and retaining lots of contracts. Recently lots of new staff have been taken on and are genuinely enjoying working for a company who offer internal progression and stability in contracts.
This is a new position that has been created to cope with the workload coming in. You’ll split your time between both PPMs and reactive maintenance in commercial premises. Most of the work is in the London area, so ideally you will be located here, but due to the nature of the contract you must be flexible as from time to time you’ll be required to go further afield when on call-out for instance.
What you’ll need
- Experience of both PPMs and reactive maintenance within commercial buildings – you’ll need a minimum of a valid F-Gas certificate and ideally have been trained via an indentured apprenticeship (City & Guilds/NVQ level 2/3 in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
- You’ll need some experience if basic electrical and mechanical maintenance too – if you’ve got 17th or 18th edition, that would be a massive advantage.
- Experience in a similar role, and ideally working for an FM provider so you already understand the importance of the SLA agreements in place for the contract
- A full clean UK driving license – this is a mobile role so cannot be considered without
- A positive attitude and the desire to succeed.
This is a brand new job, which has been created as a result of more and more work coming in, and as a result the company need someone in post as soon as possible. Interview will likely be one stage, and can be turned around quickly, so if you’re looking for an exciting career move, then apply today to Laurab@thornbaker.co.uk, and you could be starting your next role as early as next month!