£35k - 38k per year + Excellent benefits
6 months ago
Are you fed up of working for employers that don’t value your opinion and offer no flexibility on work life balance? Are you an ambitious engineer who can work without direction and be a key player in a small but perfectly formed business. We are recruiting for a great company who has seen 40% growth in the last year and as a result is looking to bring on an Air Conditioning engineer to assist with increased workload – as an independent company in the London market, they are much more in tune with what their employees want and appreciate, meaning better work / life balance and job satisfaction for you.
What’s on offer?
- An excellent salary of £35,000 - £38,000 per annum – way above the industry average for London, meaning more cash in your pocket than others working in the same job for the big FM companies
- Option of estate car or travel card - it’s entirely down to you! If you’re fed up of struggling to find parking, you can get the train, but if a car is a deal breaker for you, it’s still available – the company genuinely care about your happiness at work and can offer much more flexibility to suit your lifestyle and location.
- An excellent 33 days holiday a year – an extra weeks holiday compared to the standard and other big employers in the City, meaning much more leisure time for you and your family
- Training and development within your trade – the company will pay for courses to help you upskill and develop, giving you more and better opportunities in the future
- Hours are 8 – 4.30, but there is some flexibility if required
- Plenty of overtime on offer at a minimum of 4 hours paid when you’re called out. This is paid at 1.5x/2x your usual rate, so you’ll get almost a whole days' worth of pay for out of hours calls even if you’re home within an hour!!!
You’ll be working on sites which are largely based around West London (Sloane Square/Chelsea). Your position will involve some pre-scheduled PPMS, but there will also be lots of opportunity to get involved on the more exciting reactive maintenance and some minor install work. The sites include exclusive residential developments, (some of which belong to aristocracy, so a great chance to see how they live!) as well as blue chip commercial buildings. You’ll be involved in a callout rota which is one week out of every five, but last year the engineers only needed to go twice so it’s unlikely you’ll be bothered.
- You’ll ideally be apprentice trained, but if not you’ll need a minimum of NVQ 2 in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and you’ll need to be F-Gas Registered
- You’ll need to be a people person – this is a client facing role, so you’ll be friendly and willing to go the extra mile to keep customer satisfaction levels high
SO… this is your opportunity to break away from the big Facilities and maintenance companies and give yourself a better work / life balance, more holidays and better than market average pay. Apply now to be considered for this exceptional position.